Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THIS IS NOIDA!

I had been putting it off for some time but no longer. Today I'll write about the place I've made my home and bare it all- thoughts, I mean!

Noida sucks, period.
Wide roads. No streetlights. Domino's. But no chinese takeaway. Outrageous takeaway prices. Pathetic public transportation. Unreliable electricity. Need I say more? But I will.
Everything, everything mentioned above can be forgiven and forgotten if the people are warm. They are the ones who matter- they make you feel at home.
People at Noida? well, they are only warm when they know they'll be able to con you. The autowallah's unreliable, charge you hefty fares, the shopkeeper's out to get ya- he'll stoop to the level of taking a hundred-rupee note from you and then claim he got fifty when he's put it inside a desk. And the less said about the landlord the better- a smiling face, a devious (and stingy!) mind.
And they call it the future of India, one of the fastest growing places in India and what not!

Bollocks!

No comments: