Thursday, June 21, 2007

D's Testimonial

Only posting Neha's testi on my blog can give people ideas, especially when there is actually someone spreading falsities between us. So here is the other testimonial that I wrote- for the great friend, and the truly inimitable Dikshant Chopra-
D, Dastardly, Dikshant... Same man, different labels? D has been my classmate for two years, a friend for somewhat less than that.When I was on stage on our farewell, and going through the ritual of thanking my friends, D's is the first name that came out. Why? I don't know and I am not the sort who'd spent hours thinking about it. The instinctive response is simple- I had shared the most memorable times at JNU with him, he has made me laugh like few ever had, offered me nuggets of wisdom in his own imitable way. He had also been with me when I nearly exercised my life insurance. D is cool, charismatic, smart, articulate, genuinely funny (sometimes he craps, but its rare), fashion-conscious and according to the most of the class, "the most desirable man of CESP". That's what everyone sees. Someone close can make out that he's also sensitive, knows how to defuse a situation, how to enjoy life. But D, has a failing- he has all that he needs to be great, but chooses not to. And that makes him unique.

No comments: