Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Got my Business Card - only to give it back!

25th June, 2007: the date I got my first business card (my own business card!). I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. All this, courtesy Grail Research- the best(est) company in the world!

I was hoping to get a feel of it- the name emblazoned(is that the right word?) on the card with the details and all.

Man!

Somehow managed to get through the PPTs in the afternoon and went down to collect the cards from the front- office executive. She passed on the pack to me.

It never rains in England but it pours.

The surname has been spelt wrong. All the hopes dashed by the mere juxtaposition of letters. Celebration postponed!

It would never be the same. What I went through then will never be the same. Of course, I'll still call up my folks and tell them I have my card now (I might just wait for mom to call, as she does everyday). And I will not think twice before parting with one for any arbitrary stranger I meet on the street and happen to strike up a conversation.

Oh, how I long for my business card!

Self-obsessed, I say.

No comments: