Thursday, June 21, 2007

The fuss with Business Cards

Gawd, I long for my business card!
I mean what is the thing about them? why do I long for them so much? Is it because the Grail business card is really great- looking?
Bollocks!
I love the feeling I'd get when I'll be distributing them- it gives you a high. It's a sign that you've arrived. Man, I have a job and a respectable one at that. That's something in this job-deficit country!
I read somewhere that the Asians love B-cards and the Japs actually distribute them by the loads. Its a very important gesture there. But why?
Is it because we love our jobs? or is it because as societies, we still have not graduated to a point that we do not have to show off who we are or maybe that we still have not done anything major on our peronal, individual front so we still like to identify or align ourselves with the organisation we're working for?
Or is it the oft-quoted oh-so-occidental trait of 'individuality' that we do not possess?

No comments: