Thursday, September 6, 2007

Re: Delhi girls are like no other

Yesterday, 7th September, 2007: Went to the Delhi Book Fair.

Before I go any further, Let me explain my relationship with books. I love books. That does not necessarily mean I read them. If you were to compare my reading habits with most people in my office I'd come across as an intellectual. On the other hand, do the same with my friends from JNU then suddenly I'm a half-literate.

Doesn't say much for my office people. Can't help it.

I love books. I buy lots of them and now that I've started earning, I care a damn about how much I spend. This pathological condition let me spend 2.5k on books even though I have like two year's supply waiting for me back home.

Let me get back to the topic I started writing for. Delhi girls are like no other! the previous post on this amused and bemused guys and offended girls. Well... Can't please them all. Was never my intention anyway!

Ok, now, when I was getting myself out of Pragati Maidan, I managed to catch a glimpse of the India Fashion Week. I mean I didn't go inside, there were guards to ensure people like me do not. But I probably managed to see what is going to be displayed inside.

By that I do not mean necessarily refer to the nature's wonderful creations that are going to walk down the ramp but also the scores of wannabes who won't get the opportunity but still have dressed up for it.

Delhi girls are like no other. What I managed to see in those five minutes or so I spent gaping at mother nature's wonderful creations blew my hats off.

As Sid would have put it, they were awesome, rubbing his hands in glee! (for the uninitiated, please do not feel lost, Sid is one of my best friends and a testimonial is expected shortly!!!)

I have spoken to my friends in Bangalore and Mumbai and all are of the same opinion- that if you were to check out the nature's finest- 'saada delhi' is the place to be.

Makes me a proud citizen of NCR. If nothing else, at least I can gape at them.

How many more "committed" souls can do that? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.