Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fancy Incarceration

Let's put it simply- This is nothing but incarceration. It isn't confinement by brute physical force but in a far more sophisticated manner. Its like a posh jail. Where you are made to feel good. You are made to feel important, you are made to wish for things you never knew or wanted before. The wishes pile up and you see the joy in confinement. You celebrate it and wish even more. Freedom is dismissed as reckless and unimportant.
What's funny is that people bitch and like it at the same time.

I need shelter, I need clothes and I need food. I also need an SLR, a videocam and a passport to visit the entire world. Fact is, if I were born a couple of thousand years ago, I wouldn't have even pined for these. Food to me would have been something burnt. Clothes some natural rag. Shelter would have been some abandoned cave. And I wouldn't have even known what I was missing out on.
Would I have lived an inferior life?

What you don't know can't give you a sense of deprivation.

No comments: